Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today Dr. Phil told me lying is a bad thing to do.

I was walking around town yesterday morning, and I saw my friend who apparently is no longer pregnant. Because she had her baby.

Ha. Bet you didn't see that coming.

Anyways, I ran up because I knew she had it with her, and it would be impolite to not go up and fawn all over the child. Needless to say I did not expect it to be the most hideous gollum looking rat baby I've ever seen. I was stunned, and momentarily speechless. I proceeded with "THAT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BABY I'VE EVER SEEN.". I may have been overly enthusiastic because I was feeling she would sense my disgust if I wasn't. I also may have kind of yelled it into her face. Now it was her turn to be momentarily speechless. Eventually the silence ended and our conversation continued with normal subjects like "Blah blah blah, today on judge judy.." and "I need more firewood.", but we never really got over my explosion of bad lying.

Anyways, today I was watching Dr. Phil, and he says "Don't lie. If you do Satan will rise from a fiery cave and destroy your home" or something, and he said that the good looking baby lie is one of the most common...

Now I'm just wondering, is there any situations where it doesn't really hurt to lie a bit?

If you're good at it.

Which I'm not.

3 comments:

  1. I honestly think people know when their kids are ugly... I'm just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that is funny. I don't think your a bad person for saying that. It may have been a bit over the top but I agree with the comment above from S.I.F... people know when their kids are ugly... at least I hope they do.

    Gosh I hope my kids are cute.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping that kid grows into his looks.

    ReplyDelete